Many people are injured every single day in the U.S. These accidents may occur as a result of an auto accident, work accident, bicycle accident, or even medical malpractice. Fortunately, if you’ve been a victim of a personal injury accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation. This compensation can help you if you’ve experienced a loss of wages and have accumulated a substantial amount of medical debt. If you’ve been injured in an accident, a New York personal injury law firm can help. This guide will provide you with the information you need in relation to the types of injuries that qualify you for a personal injury claim.
Types of Personal Injuries
The majority of personal injury cases are focused on physical injuries. It is very easy to prove how severe injuries can negatively impact the victim for the rest of their lives. Major personal injury claims consist of traumatic brain injuries and broken bones. However, you are eligible to file a claim for any of the following types of injuries:
- Back stiffness or pain
- Bruises and cuts
- Muscles strains and sprains
If you’ve been involved in a minor accident, you may have made the choice to suffer through the injury until it diminishes. However, this may not be such a great idea. While it may seem like a great idea at first, your injury could easily turn into a more serious condition in the future. This is primarily why it’s important that you see a doctor right away following an accident, whether your pain is minor or severe.
Physical injuries aren’t the only type of injury that you may suffer from following an accident. You may also endure mental and emotional injuries. In serious auto accidents, you may be lucky enough to get away without any serious physical injury. However, you may suffer from mental and emotional injuries. You will have unpleasant memories of the accident that can result in sleep disturbances, loss of appetite, and even PTSD.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Here are some examples of types of personal injury claims that you may qualify for:
- Auto accident injury: If you experience injuries following an auto accident, you may be able to go after compensation for your injuries. This is only possible if you did not cause the accident.
- Medical malpractice: These types of cases are related to injuries resulting from a negligent doctor. These types of cases are only possible when the doctor has acted negligently or taken inappropriate actions when treating a patient.
- Slip and falls: If you’ve been injured following a slip and fall on private or public property, you may qualify to collect compensation for your injuries.
- Wrongful death: These types of cases involve the death of an individual resulting from another person’s negligence. For example, if your family member passed away following an accident on a construction site that was unmarked, the family may qualify for compensation.
Filing a Claim
If you are feeling even the slightest discomfort or pain following an accident, you have a couple of options. Either way, you should see a doctor right after an accident. You should then find a personal injury firm and schedule a consultation with an attorney. During your consultation, your attorney will help you determine whether filing a claim is in your best interest. An attorney will also go over all available options with you.
Also, Read: 45.288.587 Joao Vitor Dos Santos Clevelandia